November 20th, 2014
Kyle Beller brought the General Membership meeting to order at 12:00 pm. The meeting was held at the Victoria Restaurant, located at 13435 Bee Street, Farmers Branch, TX 75234.
- Kyle Beller announced that the General Rules of Antitrust Compliance would be followed. Copies of this statement were available at each table along with the last meeting minutes and various other handouts.
- Christmas Party is scheduled for Friday, December 5th.
- Attendees introduced themselves.
MEETING MINUTES – October 2014
- A few copies of the October meeting minutes were available at the registration table; Kyle advised the Attendees and asked if all had read or had questions.
- Motion: Chancy Pray motioned to accept to accept the minutes and Chris Shuman seconded the motion. The motion passed.
FINANCIAL – Jackie Schmidt
- Our total liabilities and equity as of November 17th, 2014 showed to be: $151,899.55.
- Motion: Chris Shuman motioned to accept the report and Kerry Brooks seconded the motion. The motion passed.
TRAINING – Chris Shuman
- Chris advised that the November 19th CEU Training hosted 26 attendees at Wave Electronics. It’s one of the largest training classes we have hosted in the past few months. He is looking for CEU instructors for the upcoming 2015 year. Please contact either Chris Shuman or Kyle Beller if interested.
ALARM ORDINANCE REPORT – Brant Pierce
- Brant was not present. .
CITY OF TRENTON – Kyle Beller
- Kyle stated there is not an update at this time. More details to come at a later meeting.
SPEAKER – Rick Guillo with CheckVideo
- CheckVideo is a cloud based company that offers video analytics. They were previously known as Cernium, the oldest video analytic company around.
- Rick went over their products they offer from their encoder to IP cameras. Being cloud based their products are easy to service and maintain. No updates required.
- Rick gave comparisons of the CheckVideo (cloud based) versus a DVR, examples of ways to market their product, and offer remote video monitoring services.
TBFAA REPORT – Nathan Bryant
- Nathan advised there was not anything to report. Joe Carr stated that the TBFAA Board was in discussion of the 2015 TBFAA Convention being in San Antonio the last week of October.
NESA Update – Chris Russell
- Chris was not present.
RAFFLE DRAWING – Cassandra Hedrick and Sam Pieczynski
- The next regular General Membership meeting will be January 15th, 2015 at 11:30am at the Victoria Restaurant.
- Motion: Rex Adams motioned to adjourn. The meeting concluded at 12:43 pm.
Recorded by: Sam Pieczynski