February 19th, 2015
Kerry Brooks brought the General Membership meeting to order at 11:50 am. The meeting was held at the Victoria Restaurant, located at 13435 Bee Street, Farmers Branch, TX 75234.
- Kerry Brooks announced that the General Rules of Antitrust Compliance would be followed. Copies of this statement were available at each table along with the last meeting minutes and various other handouts.
- Attendees introduced themselves.
MEETING MINUTES – January 2015
- A few copies of the January meeting minutes were available at the registration table; Kerry Brooks advised the Attendees and asked if all had read or had questions.
- Motion: Christopher Guymeuller motioned to accept to accept the minutes and Kathleen Schraufnagel seconded the motion. The motion passed.
FINANCIAL – Jackie Schmidt
- Our total liabilities and equity as of February 16, 2015 showed to be: $161,454.21.
- Motion: Rex Adams motioned to accept the report and Malcolm Reed seconded the motion. The motion passed.
TRAINING – Chris Shuman
- Chris Shuman advised that the February 18th CEU Training hosted 35 attendees at ADI.
ALARM ORDINANCE REPORT – Brant Pierce
- Brant did not have anything to report. .
SPEAKER – Mitch Reitman, SIC Consulting, Yearly Tax Update
- Presentation has been made available on www.NTAA.org once logged in as a member.
TBFAA REPORT – Brant Pierce
- Brant Pierce advised there are several camera bills that in progress. Camera systems will no longer be a part of alarm systems, and to separate the license. Another one they’re working on is definition of cameras. Same license, but would be categorized separately like access control, locksmith, etc.
- Christopher Guymeuller wanted to know where they were with at with larger companies in the industry like AT&T. Response known at this time.
- Convention will be at Wyndam in San Antonio this year!
NESA Update – Chris Russell
- Chris Russell was not present. Nothing to note at this time.
RAFFLE DRAWING – Cassandra Hedrick and Sam Pieczynski
- The next regular General Membership meeting will be the NTAA Expo on March 19, 2015 at 11:30 am at the Victoria Restaurant.
OPEN FLOOR DISCUSSION:
- Marie Iverson with Protection Networks noted that they had to file a complaint the TXDPS-PSB due to another company making calls as Protection Networks. They would act like an alarm company, and they had customers filing complaints on actual Protection Networks.
- Christopher Guymueller – consider $1000 donation to Operation Blue Shield?
- Rex Adams noted that Under Cover Boss would have Vivint on 2/20.
- Motion: Chris Shuman motioned to adjourn. The meeting concluded at 12:28 pm.
Recorded by: Sam Pieczynski